Sapper is committed to helping you succeed with the Sapper Platform. This Support Policy shall govern Sapper’s provision of support services to the Customer pursuant to the Support Plan level that the Customer has purchased or is otherwise entitled to.
The Customer is entitled to the Basic Support Plan as part of an active product subscription. The Customer may choose to purchase a Premium Support Plan for value added support services.
- Sapper will provide support services to the Customer for the products which the Customer has an active subscription.
- Support hours are the hours during which support is available through specified channels. The tables below describe support hours per Plan for four sample time zones. We have support offices in US, India and Mexico, and can support customers in the time zone of their choice. Hours may be adjusted for Daylight Savings Time.
- Standard Support is defined as the time where standard support channels are available for support requests of any severity level. After Hours, Urgent Support is defined as the time where support is available for urgent issues via the phone support channel only.
Basic Support Plan
Premium Support Plan
|Support Hours||8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday for the selected time zone (PST/EST/UTC/AEDT)||8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday for the selected time zone (PST/EST/UTC/AEDT)|
|After Hours, Urgent Support||No||8pm – 8am Sunday – Thursday, 8am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday for the selected time zone (PST/EST/UTC/AEDT)|
Access product documentation, ask and answer questions, and submit or view tickets 24×7 via Sapper Support Portal for the products to which they have an active subscription.
Submit support requests and have an interactive session with a support representative during support hours via IM Tools
Submit support requests by telephone at
Severity Levels are assigned to allow prioritization of incoming tickets. Guidelines to assign the appropriate severity level are as below. Sapper may reclassify the severity level of a ticket submitted by the Customer.
1.1. Urgent Priority
- System is down.
- A critical business process is blocked, and there is no reasonable work around.
1.2. High Priority
- System is severely degraded but still operational.
- A critical business process is malfunctioned but there is a work around.
- A non-critical business process is blocked, and there is no reasonable work around.
1.3. Normal Priority
- System is not performing at peak levels but is still operational.
- A non-critical business process is malfunctioned but there is a work around.
1.4. Low Priority
- A cosmetic change is needed.
- An enhancement is requested.
- All development, beta, sandbox, and other non-production related issues and requests.
Target Response Times
The table below describes the target response time from Sapper to the Customer per severity level and Support Plan during support hours. These response times are calculated based on the applicable support hours associated with the Support Plan.
|Urgent||4 Hours||1 Day||1 Hour||12 Hours|
|High||1 Day||1 Day||4 Hours||12 Hours|
|Normal||3 Days||2 Days||1 Day||2 Days|
|Low||5 Days||2 Days||1 Day||2 Days|
What is Supported?
2.1. General Questions & Answers (Q&A)
Examples include (but are not limited to):
- What is the reason for count mismatch between source and target?
- Why I am not able to change settings of a data pipeline?
2.2. Software Bugs/Defects
A bug/defect is subject to review and Sapper may not provide a solution for the bug/defect or Sapper may choose to provide a solution for which additional charges may apply. For example,
- The Bug/Defect is the result of a configuration change or enhancement to the application environment
- The Bug/Defect represents a gap in functionality that was not explicitly included in the product.
- The Bug/Defect is found in a solution for which the Customer does not have a subscription.
Maintenance is defined as (i) field mapping updates; (ii) changes to integration flow schedules and configuration settings; (iii) updates of connections; (iv) resolution of errors.
2.3.1. Maintenance Responsibility
The Customer is responsible for maintaining the data pipelines.
2.3.2. Integration Apps and Productivity Tools
Maintenance of standard product functionality is included in the subscription. Custom integration flows that augment an Integration App or Productivity Tool are not considered standard product functionality and are treated as Custom Integrations.
2.3.5. Maintenance Exclusions
Maintenance does not include (i) product education (ii) monitoring and identifying errors (iii) developing new pipelines (iii) setup of new transfer protocols, (iv) new requirements or business logic, (v) configuration or development of new integration flows. A request of this type is considered an enhancement or a services request.
2.4. Enhancement Requests
An enhancement request is a request by the Customer to add functionality or enhance performance beyond the current specifications of the product. The Customer may submit an enhancement request via a support ticket. All enhancement requests are subject to review and Sapper may not provide a solution for an enhancement request.
Depending upon the nature of the enhancement request, it may be addressed in one of the following ways:
- Product Enhancement: The enhancement may require a change to the core product feature set. As such, the product enhancement will be communicated to Sapper’s Product Development department for review and consideration. An enhancement request may or may not be selected as a feature to be built into the product.
- Solution Enhancement: The enhancement may require a change to the configuration settings of the product or a custom solution previously implemented by Sapper. As such, the solution enhancement will be communicated to Sapper’s Support department for review and consideration. The work may require a new project and/or sales engagement, or if the request is small enough, it may be implemented from the context of the case and charged on a T&M basis. These classifications will be managed by Sapper and the results of any one request will be communicated back to the Customer. All enhancement requests are subject to additional charges.
Exceptions to What is Supported
The following custom code that is not written by Sapper will not be supported:
- Code in end point systems used to trigger or extend the integration functionality
- Code residing in non-Sapper tech stacks
In order for Sapper to provide effective and timely support services, the Customer must provide Sapper with the following required information:
- Active, working credentials to the Sapper product and, where applicable, the third-party applications being integrated – via Sapper’s secure credential management system
- Steps to reproduce the problem, expected results and actual results
- Links to records that contain error messages and/or are in an invalid state
- Screenshots and/or video representations of the problem are optional and extremely helpful