What is Supported?
2.1. General Questions & Answers (Q&A)
Examples include (but are not limited to):
- What is the reason for count mismatch between source and target?
- Why I am not able to change settings of a data pipeline?
2.2. Software Bugs/Defects
A bug/defect is subject to review and Sapper may not provide a solution for the bug/defect or Sapper may choose to provide a solution for which additional charges may apply. For example,
- The Bug/Defect is the result of a configuration change or enhancement to the application environment
- The Bug/Defect represents a gap in functionality that was not explicitly included in the product.
- The Bug/Defect is found in a solution for which the Customer does not have a subscription.
Maintenance is defined as (i) field mapping updates; (ii) changes to integration flow schedules and configuration settings; (iii) updates of connections; (iv) resolution of errors.
2.3.1. Maintenance Responsibility
The Customer is responsible for maintaining the data pipelines.
2.3.2. Integration Apps and Productivity Tools
Maintenance of standard product functionality is included in the subscription. Custom integration flows that augment an Integration App or Productivity Tool are not considered standard product functionality and are treated as Custom Integrations.
2.3.5. Maintenance Exclusions
Maintenance does not include (i) product education (ii) monitoring and identifying errors (iii) developing new pipelines (iii) setup of new transfer protocols, (iv) new requirements or business logic, (v) configuration or development of new integration flows. A request of this type is considered an enhancement or a services request.
2.4. Enhancement Requests
An enhancement request is a request by the Customer to add functionality or enhance performance beyond the current specifications of the product. The Customer may submit an enhancement request via a support ticket. All enhancement requests are subject to review and Sapper may not provide a solution for an enhancement request.
Depending upon the nature of the enhancement request, it may be addressed in one of the following ways:
- Product Enhancement: The enhancement may require a change to the core product feature set. As such, the product enhancement will be communicated to Sapper’s Product Development department for review and consideration. An enhancement request may or may not be selected as a feature to be built into the product.
- Solution Enhancement: The enhancement may require a change to the configuration settings of the product or a custom solution previously implemented by Sapper. As such, the solution enhancement will be communicated to Sapper’s Support department for review and consideration. The work may require a new project and/or sales engagement, or if the request is small enough, it may be implemented from the context of the case and charged on a T&M basis. These classifications will be managed by Sapper and the results of any one request will be communicated back to the Customer. All enhancement requests are subject to additional charges.
Exceptions to What is Supported
The following custom code that is not written by Sapper will not be supported:
- Code in end point systems used to trigger or extend the integration functionality
- Code residing in non-Sapper tech stacks
In order for Sapper to provide effective and timely support services, the Customer must provide Sapper with the following required information:
- Active, working credentials to the Sapper product and, where applicable, the third-party applications being integrated – via Sapper’s secure credential management system
- Steps to reproduce the problem, expected results and actual results
- Links to records that contain error messages and/or are in an invalid state
- Screenshots and/or video representations of the problem are optional and extremely helpful